TechWise provides mission-critical Cybersecurity training and services for highly complex government and commercial enterprises.
Cybersecurity is a growing concern around the globe as organizations of all sizes struggle to meet the demands for cybersecurity protections. According to a 2017 report from Harvard Business Review (HBR), “Cybercrime is now a $445 billion business… and the average company handles a bombardment of 200,000 security events per day.”
In the past, large companies handed over their cybersecurity responsibilities to their IT department under the direction of a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). However, a recent report fromInformation Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) found that “27% of US companies said they are unable to fill cybersecurity positions at all.”
And the problem continues to escalate. According to a report published by the Global Information Security Workforce Study (GISWS) in February 2017, “The (cybersecurity) workforce gap is estimated to be growing, with the projected shortage reaching 1.8 million professionals by 2022.” The International Data Corporation (IDC) reports that this talent gap will be a $101 billion opportunity by 2020.
But even if an organization is able to fully staff their IT positions with the most cyber-capable talent, those organizations continue to remain vulnerable.
Threats such as phishing, ransomware, malware, and other methods are designed to by-pass even the best network security measures by exploiting the most vulnerable vector of attack: untrained employees.
Most organizations have insufficient employee training for people in non-technical roles. Many organizations have no training or policies at all. As a result, both company and customer data are a risk every day.
Today, smart organizations recognize that all employees play a critical role in cybersecurity.
TechWise has more than 20 years of experience helping organizations address their cybersecurity training needs. We take cybersecurity seriously and can help your team do so too.
- Our cybersecurity consultants and subject matter experts have, on average, over 25 years’ of defense and interagency experience in technical and non-technical applications of cybersecurity consulting, policy development and training execution in both commercial and military environments.
- Our subject matter experts are fully qualified professionals with certifications including Security+, Computer Information Systems Management (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and advanced degrees in Cybersecurity, Network Security, Information Assurance and Computer Science.
- Our CyberPro Serious Game is currently used as the capstone exercise in the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs (UCCS) Cybersecurity Bootcamp.
TechWise Cybersecurity competencies include:
- Strategic consulting for small to medium-sized business, non-profits and local government organizations.
- Customized cybersecurity training aligned with business priorities and budgets.
- CyberPro Serious Game facilitation for non-technical decision makers and general employee population.
- Connections with the larger cybersecurity community.